- Food[-] Colors
- Specialty[-] ingredients
- Tools and[-] accessories
essential oils[-] & aromatherapy
Olive Oil Cake
The perfect olive oil cake has a crackling crust and a dense, ultra-moist center. It's delicious plain, but we love it served with our 5-Minute Caramel Sauce and some fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries.
Print Recipe PDF
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Orange Oil or Blood Orange Oil
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (for a non-alcoholic cake, omit liqueur and use 1/2 cup total orange juice)
Powdered sugar (for dusting top)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Oil, butter or spray a 9-inch cake pan or springform pan that is at least 2 inched deep. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange oil, orange juice, and Grand Marnier (if using). Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is golden and a cake tester comes our clean. Transfer pan to a rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack (for springform pan, remove sides) and cool completely, about 2 hours. Using a fine mesh strainer, dust cake with powdered sugar just before serving.
Makes one 9-inch round cake. Serves 8