- Food[-] Colors
- Specialty[-] ingredients
- Tools and[-] accessories
essential oils[-] & aromatherapy
Product Code: R0004
Print Recipe PDFOpaque Melt & Pour Glycerine Soap Base
Clear Melt & Pour Glycerine Soap Base
LorAnn Cosmetic Grade Fragrance Oil, any scent
Soap coloring, any color
Geometric Shapes soap mold
Petroleum jelly (for preparing molds)
Cheese plane for making soap curls
Mini loaf pan (3" x 6")
Sharp, non-serrated knife
- To make embedded shapes, start by making a bar of colored or white soap (if using opaque shapes, then use clear soap base and vice versa). Spread a thin layer of petroleum jelly on inside of mini loaf pan; pour melted soap base to about 1" to 1-1/2" deep. Allow to harden and release soap.
- To make curls, use the cheese plane to cut a thin slice from the top of the longer edge of the bar. Wind length into a curl. Once curls are made, cut the remaining soap into shapes (small, thin rectangles, squares, etc.) sized to fit into the soap mold.
- Arrange shapes in soap mold. Place mold in freezer and chill for 8 - 10 minutes (this prevents the shapes from melting when the surrounding soap is added).
- To finish bar, melt enough soap to fill mold; add several drops of desired fragrance and coloring. Remove mold from freezer and pour colored base around the embedded shapes. Let stand until firm and release.
- If needed, trim top of soap with a sharp, non-serrated knife to reveal the embedded shapes.
By LorAnn Oils
Create your own fun festive design of Confetti soaps
- Opaque Melt & Pour Glycerine Soap Base
- Clear Melt & Pour Glycerine Soap Base
- LorAnn Cosmetic Grade Fragrance Oil, any scent
- Soap coloring, any color
- Geometric Shapes soap mold
- Petroleum jelly (for preparing molds)Prep time: