- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- All Recipes>
- Banana Cake with Banana Cream Cheese Frosting
Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Banana Cake with Banana Cream Cheese Frosting
Product Code: R0045
Made for the banana fans. This yellow cake with banana flavoring is moist and layered in a delicious, cream cheese frosting that is also flavored with you guessed it, banana!Print Recipe
1 package (18 1/4 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe medium -size bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons creme de banane liqueur, optional (We substituted 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Banana Creme Flavor)
For Banana Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 to 4 drops LorAnn banana cream flavor
Heat oven to 350 º F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with shortening and dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
Place cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, 1 cup water, oil, eggs and, if desired, liqueur (or flavoring). Blend with an electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Stop mixer and scrape down side of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed until well blended, scraping side again if needed. Pour into prepared pan, and place on center rack of oven.
Bake until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add confectioners' sugar a bit at a time, and blend on low speed until well incorporated, 1 minute. Add flavoring, and blend at medium speed until fluffy, minute more. Frost cooled cake.
Yield - 16 servings
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
By Anne Byrn, Cake Mix Doctor
Easy to make Banana cake uses box cake mix, smashed banana, and frosted with Banana Cream Cheese Icing.
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe medium -size bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons creme de banane liqueur, optional(We substituted 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Banana Creme Flavor)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 drops LorAnn banana cream flavor
Yield: 16 servings