Banana Split Cupcakes
Product Code: R0046
Create the classic banana split in the form of a marshmallow ganache cupcake! Topped with banana cream flavored icing, nuts, and maraschino cherries this recipe will make you feel like you are enjoying from your hometown diner or ice cream parlor.
1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream (Depends on the consistency you desire)
1 teaspoon LorAnn Banana Bakery Emulsion
4 drops LorAnn Banana Cream Super-Strength Flavor
LorAnn Yellow Food Coloring (hue as desired)
2 or 3 drops of LorAnn Marshmallow Super-Strength Flavor
For Chocolate Ganache:
3/4 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet, dark, or milk chocolate)
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoons butter
Chopped nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Add 24 standard baking cups to muffin pan(s) and fill with cake batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, vanilla extract and butter. Add heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. NOTE: Set aside 1/4 of the icing.
- Using 3/4 of icing add and mix banana bakery emulsion and banana cream flavoring.
- Add Yellow Food Coloring to desired hue (optional)
- With remaining 1/4 of the icing add and mix 2 or 3 drops of marshmallow flavoring.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and mix in heavy cream, stirring until completely combined and smooth. Add butter and stir again until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a piping bag and round tip, plunge tip into center of cooled cupcakes and fill with marshmallow icing.
- Banana icing can be spread or piped onto each cupcake.
- Drizzle slightly cooled (but not set) ganache over banana icing.
- Sprinkle nuts and coconut over ganache-topped cupcake. Place a maraschino cherry on top.
Banana Split Cupcakes
By Ron Payne
Banana and pineapple flavored cupcakes topped with ganache, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, and maraschino cherries.
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggsIcing (set aside 1/4 of the complete icing)
- 4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream (Depends on the consistency you desire)
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn Banana Bakery Emulsion
- 4 drops LorAnn Banana Cream Super Strength Flavoring
- Yellow Food Coloring to desired hue (optional)
- 2 or 3 drops of LorAnn Marshmallow Super Strength Flavoring
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet, dark, or milk Chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Chopped nuts of your choice
- Toasted coconut
- Maraschino cherries
Yield: 24 cupcakes