Butter Vanilla Madeleines
Product Code: R0413
These simple madeleines are light and flaky and take on a buttery spin as opposed to the citrus note you normally find in these popular cookies. Top with powdered sugar and pair with your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
Print Recipe PDF
6 eggs, room temperature
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups flour
4 teaspoons LorAnn Butter Vanilla Bakery Emulsion
1 1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions1. In a stand mixer, beat eggs on medium-low speed. Beat for 8 minutes.
2. While eggs are beating, combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Stirring until butter is fully combined.
3. When eggs are frothy and light in color, pour 1/3 of the mixture into the butter mixture. Gently folding it in. Continue adding the mixture 1/3 at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (and up to 24 hours).
5. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease and flour madeleine pan.
6. Using a small cookie dough scooper (holds about 1 tbsp. of dough) scoop the dough in the center of the widest part of each madeleine form.
7. Place pan (and dough when done scooping) back into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
8. Place cold pan with dough into oven, baking for 5 minutes.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° F and bake for 3 more minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 2 minutes. Place madeleines on wire rack. Repeat steps 5-11 until you’ve finished the batter.
11. Dust cooled madeleines with powdered sugar.