Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Butterscotch Pear Cake
Product Code: R0517
Complete your autumn sweets wish list with this feel-good, fall-spiced cake with butterscotch and pear flavorings.
Ingredients1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk, room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
½ teaspoon LorAnn Butterscotch Super-Strength Flavor
½ teaspoon LorAnn Pear Super-Strength Flavor
2 medium Anjou pears, cored and chopped
1 medium Anjou pear for topping
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup sliced almonds
Confectioners’ sugar, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan or coat with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, melted butter, LorAnn Butterscotch Super-Strength Flavor and LorAnn Pear Super-Strength flavor. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just combined and no streaks of flour remain (batter will be lumpy). Fold in chopped pears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Core and thinly slice the remaining pear. Toss slices with lemon juice to prevent browning. Arrange pear slices on top of cake in a spiral pattern or as desired). Sprinkle top of cake with sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes before removing sides.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if desired.
Contact us for pricing