- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Baked Goods Recipes>
- Cakes, Cupcakes & Frosting Recipes>
- Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes with Streusel Topping
Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes with Streusel Topping
Product Code: R0519
Filled with finely chopped apples and dripping with sweet, homemade caramel sauce, these Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes are the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth this season.
10 graham crackers sheets, finely crushed (1 1/3 cups)
2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup quick oats
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, cold and diced into ½ inch cubes
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
¼ cup sour cream
2 teaspoons LorAnn Oils Caramel Emulsion
1 teaspoon LorAnn Oils Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
1 pound granny smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
2 teaspoons lemon juice
For Caramel Sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
¼ cup salted butter, diced into 1 tablespoon pieces
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Pour in butter and using a fork, stir until evenly moistened.
- Divide mixture among 18 paper lined muffin cups, adding a rounded tablespoon to each cup. Press into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, quick oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add cold butter and using fingertips, rub butter into dry mixture until it comes together in small crumbles and pieces of butter are no longer visible. Transfer to refrigerator while preparing apples and filling.
- In a bowl, toss chopped apples with lemon juice, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium-low speed, cream together cream cheese with sugar just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, then blend in sour cream, caramel bakery emulsion and vanilla bean paste.
- In a heavy-bottomed 2 – 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar, salt and water over medium-high heat, whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Once mixture reaches a boil, stop whisking and allow mixture to boil until it reaches a dark amber color, carefully swirling pan occasionally.
- Once mixture reaches a dark amber color, immediately add butter and whisk until butter has melted then immediately remove from heat.
- Carefully pour in cream and immediately whisk with a long-handled whisk to combine (it will bubble vigorously). Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Divide cheesecake batter evenly among 18 muffin cups pouring filling over crust. Divide apples evenly over cheesecake layer, then finish by sprinkling a heaping tablespoon of the streusel over tops.
- Bake in preheated oven 23 – 25 minutes. Cool at room temperature 30 minutes, then transfer to fridge and chill 3 hours.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cheesecakes.