Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Product Code: R0122
A shortbread made specifically for coffee lovers; and let's just be honest, a shortbread is loved by all. Pair this delicate cookie with a cup of coffee or tea to make a perfect treat.Print Recipe PDF
Ingredients1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Cappuccino Super-Strength Flavor
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup white chocolate candy wafers
- Position racks in top third and bottom third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flour, cornstarch, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add cappuccino flavoring and powdered sugar. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Dough will be the consistency of thick frosting.
- Gather dough into ball; divide into 3 equal pieces. Place 1 dough piece close to each end of 1 prepared sheet. Place third piece in center of second prepared sheet. Using moistened fingertips, press each dough piece to 7-inch diameter round. Using small sharp knife, mark each round into 8 wedges. Press fork tines around edge of each to make notched design. Bake shortbread 12 minutes. Reverse sheets. Bake until shortbread looks dry and feels firm to touch, about 12 minutes longer. Cool on sheets on rack. Cut shortbread into wedges along marked lines. Transfer wedges to work surface.
- Place wafers in a small resealable plastic bag. Melt in microwave oven at 50% power, squeezing bag every 30 seconds until thoroughly melted. Twist bag, then snip off just the tip of the corner and pipe decoratively over cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 20 minutes. Store airtight in single layers between sheets of waxed paper.
*Makes 2 dozen cookies
By LorAnn Oils
This delicate cookie is perfect with a cup of coffee.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super-Strength Cappuccino Flavor
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Vanilla flavored candy wafers
Yield: 2 dozen