- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Candy Recipes>
- Chocolate Recipes>
- Flavored Hot Chocolate Bombs
Flavored Hot Chocolate Bombs
Product Code: R0415
Hot Chocolate Bombs are all the craze and we.just.can't.get.enough.of.them! Level up on this new hack by flavoring your hot chocolate bombs using our Super Strength flavors. Give these interactive treats as DIY gifts this holiday season, or if you are in need for some self-care, enjoy on the couch with your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie.
Print Recipe PDF
IngredientsLorAnn 3D Round Mold
Chocolate Candy Wafers in milk, white or dark (based on preference)
¼ tsp. – ½ tsp. LorAnn Super Strength Flavor* of choice that is appropriate for use in chocolate (In this recipe we used peppermint!)
Hot cocoa mix
Fun toppings like marshmallows, chopped candy canes, chocolate chips or sprinkles
Microwave-safe glass bowl
Food safe brush or spatula
Directions1. In a microwave-safe glass bowl, microwave 1 cup of candy wafers in 15 second increments until melted.
2. When melted, stir in Super Strength Flavor.
3. Using a food safe brush or spatula, brush a thin layer of the chocolate mixture into each section of the mold.
4. Place mold into the fridge for a few minutes to set. Take out and brush on a second layer, paying special attention that at least 1/8 of an inch of the top of each mold is empty. This is where the half-spheres will combine. Repeat if needed.
5. Let set for 5-10 minutes in the fridge or until hard. Gently remove the molds by lightly tapping on the plastic side of mold.
6. Microwave an empty plate until hot. Take one half of the chocolate bomb and place the open side face down on plate. Swirl until the edge is slightly melted.
7. Fill the melted half chocolate bomb with cocoa powder, marshmallows, and any other toppings.
8. If the plate has gone cold, microwave again until hot. Take the other chocolate bomb half and repeat Step 6. Quickly, place on top of the filled chocolate bomb half to create the sphere. Gently place to the side to let the chocolate harden.
9. Repeat steps 6-9 until chocolate bombs are full spheres.
10. Microwave a 1/4 cup of wafers in 15 second increments until melted. Use to fill any gaps/holes within spheres. If there is extra, use to decorate the spheres, topping the melted chocolate drizzle with sprinkles, candy canes, or other toppings.