- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- All Recipes>
- Creme de Menthe Mint Patties
Creme de Menthe Mint Patties
Product Code: R0329
Print Recipe PDF
1/3 cup light corn syrup
5 Tbsp butter, well softened
1 tsp LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Crème de Menthe Flavor
1/2 tsp salt
6–8 drops LorAnn Oils Green Liquid Food Color, as desired
4–5 cups powdered sugar
1 pound dark chocolate candy coating
1. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, butter, LorAnn Oils Crème de Menthe Flavor and salt. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
2. Starting with one cup, mix in powdered sugar slowly until mixture is no longer sticky and is the consistency of pie dough. Mix or knead in LorAnn Green Liquid Food Color until desired color is achieved.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with waxed paper or parchment paper. Gently flatten balls with a flat-bottomed cup or the heel of your hand.
4. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper and refrigerate until firm, typically 1–2 hours.
5. Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
6. Dip the candies into the melted chocolate with a fork, tap off excess chocolate, and place back onto lined baking sheets.
7. Refrigerate mints until firm and store in airtight containers. Mints may be frozen in single layers separated by waxed paper.
Serving Size: Makes about 3 dozen candies
Crème de Menthe Patties
By LorAnn Oils
Cool and refreshing homemade mint patties.
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 5 Tbsp butter, well softened
- 1 tsp LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Crème de Menthe Flavor
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6–8 drops LorAnn Oils Green Liquid Food Color, as desired
- 4–5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating
Yield: Approx. 3 dozen candies