Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Eggnog Linzer Cookies
Product Code: R0133
Guests at your holiday parties will swooned over these buttery cookies sandwiched with eggnog flavored icing.
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons LorAnn Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion
2 tablespoons sour cream powder (optional)
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white rice flour or cornstarch
2 cups glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar
1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Eggnog Super-Strength Flavor
3 to 4 Tablespoons milk or cream
LorAnn Liquid Food Coloring of your choice
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening, butter, sugars, salt, baking powder, Emulsion and sour cream powder (if using). When well-blended, add the egg, beating until fluffy. Whisk the flours and/or cornstarch together, and stir in. Divide the dough in half, form into disks, wrap well, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator, and roll it 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with Linzer cutters*, place the cookies on lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets, and bake them in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are very lightly browned on the edges. Remove them from the oven and cool on racks.
- Dust the cookies whose centers are cut out with confectioners' or Snow White Sugar. Mix the frosting ingredients, then spread a thin layer on the bottom (solid) halves. Top with the cut-out halves. Store the cookies in airtight containers for several days, or freeze for longer storage.
*Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies
Eggnog Linzer Cookies
By The Baker's Catalog
Taste-testers swooned over these buttery cookies sandwiched with eggnog icing.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons LorAnn Princess Cake & Cookie Emulsion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream powder (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour or cornstarch
- Confectioners' sugar or non-melting Snow White Sugar
- 2 cups glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Eggnog Flavoring
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk or cream
- LorAnn Food Coloring of your choice
Yield: 3 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies