- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Baked Goods Recipes>
- Cakes, Cupcakes & Frosting Recipes>
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
Product Code: R0419
A chocolate lover's dream, this flourless cake is loaded with dark chocolate & almond. A classic Italian dessert also known as “Torta Caprese”, this recipe is a great gluten-free alternative to a standard brownie or chocolate fudge cake. Served with a shot of espresso, be sure to use a high-quality chocolate for best results!
Print Recipe PDF
4 1/2 ounces (125 grams) 80% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (125 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1 cup (120 grams) almond flour
3 large eggs, separated
1 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla
1 teaspoon LorAnn Almond Bakery Emulsion
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease, flour & line an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a glass mixing bowl add the chocolate & place over a double boiler over low heat. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from heat & stir in the butter until well blended.
- Whisk in the sugar & almond flour. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the egg yolks followed by the vanilla extract and Almond Bakery Emulsion.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan & smooth the top using an offset spatula. Bake for 40 minutes, until the edges have set but the center remains moist.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar & serve!