Bourbon Sponge Candy
Product Code: R0510
Light and crunchy candy with sweet, and oaky flavor. Our 2-Piece Dipping Tool-Set makes dipping your sponge candy in delectable dark chocolate convenient and mess free!
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon baking soda, sifted
1 teaspoon LorAnn Bourbon Super-Strength Flavor
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate candy coating or tempered chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, leaving extra length to hang over the sides.
- In heavy-bottomed, large saucepan with tall sides, add sugar and corn syrup. Stir to incorporate.
- Over medium heat, add lid to pot for a few minutes to allow steam to build and wash the undissolved sugar crystals down into the pot.
- Remove lid and stir a few times to make sure all sugar is dissolved.
- Add candy thermometer and cook until the temperature reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the cooked candy has reached 295, remove pan from heat and sprinkle in sifted baking soda. This will cause the sugar to begin expanding.
- Gently stir in bourbon flavoring and gently mix in any remaining spots of baking soda.
- Pour into prepared pan. Do not try to level. You want to maintain the bubbles.
- Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to finish cooling on the counter.
- Score candy with serrated knife and break apart.
- Melt chocolate melts in a double boiler (you can also do this in a microwave using short, 5 second intervals and stirring in between).
- Using the dipping fork, dip sponge candies in chocolate, tap off excess. Set on dipping papers and allow to set firmly. Store in air-tight container.