Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Chocolate Covered Apples
Product Code: R0516
Bring your crisp, juicy apples to life with these these bright and colorful Chocolate Covered Apples. Add your own spin on this sweet treat by adding your favorite colors, flavors, and sprinkles to personalize your creations.
Ingredients2 large Fuji or Granny Smith apples, washed and dried
2, 12 oz. bags of White Chocolate
½-1 tsp LorAnn Super-Strength Cheesecake Flavor (or any Super-Strength flavor that is appropriate in chocolate)
1 Tbsp refined coconut oil (flavorless)
1-2 drops of LorAnn Liquid Gel Food Coloring of choice
- Line two baking sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice apples vertically into ½ inch pieces. Using a paring knife, cut a small slit in the bottom of each slice. This will make it easier to insert the popsicle stick.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Do not overheat. (If double boiler is not available, microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals)
- Stir in LorAnn flavoring and coconut oil to thin.
- Ensure apples are dried completely. Dip each apple slice into the melted chocolate to cover. Repeat if necessary. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and completely set.
- Once chocolate has set, melt remaining white chocolate, and add 1-2 drops of your desired liquid gel color and stir until combined.
- Fill a piping bag with your favorite tip and first color of your choosing. Design to your liking. Repeat additional colors if desired.
- Refrigerate until coating is firm and dry. Store in refrigerator. Apples are best served within a few hours.