Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Product Code: R0326
Print Recipe PDF
INGREDIENTSCooking spray or vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cup water
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 dram (1 tsp) LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Cinnamon Flavoring
LorAnn Oils pink or red liquid or gel food coloring
4–5 LorAnn Oils Hearts Lollipop Sheet Molds
Sucker bags & twist ties
DIRECTIONS1. Lightly spray cavities of clean, dry candy molds with non-stick cooking spray (we recommend using PAM®). Insert sucker sticks into molds. You may also want to spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place it on a heat-proof surface or cookie sheet. If you have leftover syrup after filling the candy molds, you can pour it onto the foil to harden for yummy break-up candy.
2. In a 2-quart kettle or large saucepan, mix together sugar, water and corn syrup. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
3. Insert candy thermometer, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
4. “Wash down” any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
5. Continue to boil the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F, usually 5–10 minutes. Add LorAnn Oils food coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
6. Remove from heat at precisely 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (this is the hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. Use caution when adding flavoring to avoid rising steam.
7. Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds. Cool completely. Remove lollipops from molds and place in sucker bags. Secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Please note that our Cinnamon Flavoring is particularly potent. You may wish to reduce the amount used for this recipe.
Have all ingredients and tools assembled and within easy reach of the stove. The use of metal spoons and measuring utensils is recommended.
For easy cleanup, soak pan and utensils in hot water until hardened candy is dissolved.
Serving Size: Makes 20–25 lollipops using LorAnn Oils Hearts Lollipop Sheet Mold
By LorAnn Oils
Lollipops made with LorAnn's cinnamon flavoring. Flavor and color can be substituted.
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 dram (1 tsp) LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Cinnamon Flavoring
- LorAnn Oils pink or red liquid or gel food coloring
- 4–5 LorAnn Oils Hearts Lollipop Sheet Molds
- Sucker bags & twist ties
- Candy thermometer
- Pastry brush