- Food[-] Colors
- Specialty[-] ingredients
- Tools and[-] accessories
essential oils[-] & aromatherapy
How to Make Bath Fizzies Using the 3D Round Ball Mold
1 cup citric acid
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon essential oil or fragrance oil (any scent)
2 cups baking soda
1 teaspoon almond oil
1 cup cornstarch
Spray bottle filled with cold water
LorAnn powdered food color
Round Ball Molds
- Beginning with one mold, use sturdy scissors to cut mold in half lengthwise. Cut between each circle leaving about a 1/4-inch border. You now have 6 individual half balls. Repeat with remaining mold.
- In a large non-plastic bowl use a metal whisk to thoroughly combine citric acid, baking soda and cornstarch. Pass the citric acid through a sifter if there are many lumps. (Note: If not mixed well, the bombs will be grainy.)
- Add food coloring (color of your choice), just a small amount is needed as powdered food coloring is very concentrated.
- Using a non-plastic measuring spoon, add up to ¼ teaspoon of essential oil (use all of one fragrance, or a combination) and almond oil. Mix well.
- While stirring the mixture with one hand, hold the spray bottle in the other and lightly spray with water just until mixture can be packed together (to test: squeeze a small amount of mixture in your hand, it should hold together in a clump without being too powdery). DO NOT OVERSPRAY WITH WATER.
- As soon as the mixture can be packed together, press firmly into 2 of the half ball molds over-filling slightly. Firmly press molds together, twisting from side to side to form a ball. Continue with remaining molds.
- Allow molds to set for at least 60 minutes. Gently unmold the bath balls. If the two halves separate, gently press together again.
- Allow to air dry for at least 4 hours until balls are very dry and firm.
- Store in plastic bags secured with twist ties. Write the name of the scent on the labels provided and affix to bags.
Note: Use of non-plastic bowls and utensils is recommended as the scent of essential oils can permeate plastic.
Makes 6 round bath fizzies
Tie your bags of Bath Fizzies with ribbon and add a tag noting the scent, along with instructions for use.
Perfect as party favors for wedding showers, baby showers, and birthdays.