- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Ice Cream & Beverage Recipes>
- Pineapple Raspberry Shrub Syrup
Pineapple Raspberry Shrub Syrup
Product Code: R0449
Shrubs are tangy, fruity syrups that can be made with any combination of fruits, vinegars, and sugars. Amp up the flavor with your favorite Super-Strength flavors. Add your finished syrup to seltzer water, cocktails, even salad dressing!
2 cups distilled, white vinegar
2 cups chopped pineapple
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated, fresh ginger
1 teaspoon LorAnn Raspberry Super-Strength Flavor
- Sterilize large glass jar and lid.
- Add chopped pineapple and grated ginger to sterilized jar.
- Add vinegar to medium saucepan and bring to boil. Pour into jar making sure that all the fruit is covered.
- Cap with sterilized lid and allow to sit for 1 week at room temperature.
- After one week, strain contents of the jar into a medium saucepan using cheesecloth, squeezing out as much of the liquid as possible.
- To the saucepan, add brown sugar. Over low heat, bring the liquid to a simmer frequently stirring until all sugar is dissolved. Pour liquid into a clean sterilized container and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stir in raspberry flavoring.
- Top with sterilized lid and store in refrigerator for up to several months. If mold begins to appear, discard.