- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- 5-Minute Caramel Sauce
5-Minute Caramel Sauce
Product Code: R0272
This incredibly rich, gooey and delicious caramel sauce is ready in minutes thanks to the microwave oven! Use this easy caramel sauce as a topping in all of your favorite recipes like homemade lattes, ice cream, scones, pancakes and crêpes, and more.
Ingredients1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup dark brown or light brown sugar, lightly packed (fresh, soft brown sugar works best)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste or LorAnn Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Bourbon Super-Strength Flavor (optional)
- Place butter in a 4-cup microwave-safe glass measuring cup (such as Pyrex) and heat on high until butter is melted.
- To the melted butter, add the brown sugar and heavy cream and whisk until smooth. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes more (mixture will boil vigorously). The sauce may seem thin, but will thicken as it cools.
- Stir in the salt, vanilla, and bourbon flavor (if using). Cool slightly and pour into clean jars with lids. Store in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- To serve, microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until warm and pourable.
5 Minute Caramel Sauce
By LorAnn Oils
This incredibly rich and delicious caramel sauce is ready in minutes thanks to the microwave oven!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown or light brown sugar, lightly packed (fresh, soft brown sugar works best)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste, Madagascar Vanilla Extract or Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn super strength Bourbon Flavor (optional)