- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Easy Holiday Peppermint Bark
Easy Holiday Peppermint Bark
Product Code: R0471
Peppermint bark is the classic holiday treat perfect for the party platter or for gift-giving. Made with smooth and creamy milk and white chocolate wafers, combined with cool peppermint, homemade bark is SO EASY to make you'll never need to purchase store-bought again.
Ingredients16 ounces milk chocolate candy wafers
12 ounces white chocolate candy wafers
1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Natural Peppermint Oil
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
red sanding sugar - optional
- Prepare a 9" x 13" cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place milk chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl or in microwavable squeeze bottle. Heat in microwave on 50% power for 15 second intervals stirring after each, until wafers are just melted. Do not overheat.
- Evenly spread the melted milk chocolate onto the cookie sheet.
- Place white chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl or in microwavable squeeze bottle. Heat in microwave on 50% power for 15 second intervals stirring after each, until wafers are just melted. Do not overheat.
- Stir in peppermint oil.
- Evenly spread the melted white chocolate over the milk chocolate layer.
- Top bark with crushed candy canes and red sanding sugar.
- Let bark harden in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Break bark into pieces using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
*Makes approximately 1 1/2 lbs. of bark depending on the size of each piece. Store bark in an airtight container at room temperature up to 10 days.