- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Grapefruit White Chocolate Ganache Truffles
Grapefruit White Chocolate Ganache Truffles
Product Code: R0452
Rich, fruity, and velvety smooth, take an unexpected spin to your truffles and add our Natural Grapefruit Oil for flavoring.
1 lb. tempered dark chocolate or dark chocolate candy melts
2 cups white chocolate
1 cup Heavy Cream
5 drops LorAnn Invertase
1 teaspoon LorAnn Natural Grapefruit Oil
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Ascorbic Acid
white candy coating
orange and pink gel food coloring
- Pour tempered dark chocolate or melted candy coating into clean, dry mold with deep cavity. Tap to remove air bubbles and dump excess back into original bowl.
- Using a bench scraper, clean up mold and set aside to firm up.
- In small saucepan, add heavy whipping cream and bring to simmer.
- Add white chocolate to medium sized bowl and pour hot whipping cream over top. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in grapefruit flavoring, ascorbic acid, and color. For a pink grapefruit color, we mixed equal parts of orange and pink.
- Allow ganache to cool to room temperature, and then stir in invertase.
- Add ganache to piping bag and pipe into hardened chocolate shells leaving enough room to top with chocolate. Tap mold to help settle the ganache.
- Allow the ganache to completely cool. It should be slightly firm before topping with more dark chocolate.
- Fill the reset of the cavity with more chocolate and tap to remove excess air bubbles.
- Scrape off excess chocolate and allow to completely set before removing from molds.
- Melt down a ½ cup of white candy coating and color to match the ganache filling.
- Add to piping bag with small writing tip and pipe streaks of color onto the tops of the truffles.
*To extend the shelf-life, add 1/8 teaspoon Preserve It Natural Anti-Oxidant.