- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Keto-Friendly Banana Pudding
Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Keto-Friendly Banana Pudding
Product Code: R0425
A perfect dessert option for those who are diabetic or following a low-sugar/low-carb diet. This creamy pudding is a keto-friendly take on the famous Magnolia Bakery’s banana pudding.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar alternative
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
¼ teaspoon LorAnn Super Strength Banana Cream Flavor
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
Cinnamon for sprinkling
For Vanilla Wafers:
¾ cup coconut flour
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup powdered sugar alternative
¼ cup granulated sugar alternative
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon LorAnn Natural Vanilla Bean Paste
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
- In medium saucepan, combine heavy whipping cream, sweetener, vanilla, banana flavoring, and salt. Set heat to medium.
- While whisking cream mixture, sprinkle in xanthan gum, making sure to dissolve any clumps.
- Once the mixture reaches near boil, remove from heat and allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Add egg yolks, whisking until completely combined.
- Return pan to low/medium heat, continually stirring mixture until it becomes thick. It should coat and stick to the spatula.
- Remove pan from heat and divide into 4 jars.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, top with crumbled keto-friendly vanilla wafers and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter, both the powdered and granulated sugar alternatives, heavy cream and vanilla bean paste.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Form dough into small balls, about 1 ½ tsp, and place on prepared sheets.
- Gently press each ball of dough to form cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. The edges should be slightly brown.
- Carefully transfer the cookie from the baking sheet to a cooling rack by lifting the parchment paper.
- The cookies will need to cool completely before eating.