- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Pistachio Cake with Honey Buttercream
Pistachio Cake with Honey Buttercream
Product Code: R0463
Delight in this lusciously smooth and nutty, Pistachio Cake topped with a silky-sweet, honey buttercream frosting. Garnish with fresh fruits, pistachios, and flowers for a standout dessert.
Recipe Tip: Use a springform cake pan to produce a flawless finish to the cake's edges.
IngredientsFor Pistachio Cake:
3/4 cup (110g) shelled, raw, unsalted pistachios
1 ¾ cups (210g) all purpose flour, measured correctly
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons LorAnn Pistachio Bakery Emulsion
1 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup full-fat buttermilk
For Honey Buttercream:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup (100g) confectioners sugar
1/2 cup (170g) liquid honey
2 teaspoons LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
DirectionsFor Pistachio Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and prepare a 9” springform cake pan by coating with baking spray and parchment. Add pistachios to a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are well-ground and fine in texture (don’t over process as pistachios will eventually turn into a paste).
- In a medium to large sized mixing bowl, add the ground pistachios, flour, baking powder and salt, then whisk together to combine.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, sugar, pistachio bakery emulsion and vanilla. Beat on high for around 3-5 minutes–the mixture should look thick, fluffy, and be tripled in volume. Then, slowly drizzle in the oil. After all the oil has been added, beat for an additional minute.
- On low, add the dry mixture to the stand mixer in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk in between. Beat only until the batter becomes smooth. Add the batter to the prepared pan, then bake in the oven for around 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Add butter to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until butter is doubled in volume, and looks light and fluffy.
- Turn the stand mixer to low and slowly add the confectioners sugar. Beat until completely incorporated, then add in the honey and vanilla. Beat on high until very well-incorporated and fluffy.
- Dollop on top of cooled cake and smooth out with a spatula.