Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Product Code: R0429
Decorate your cakes with gorgeous blooms, petals, and leaves. Just whip up a batch of gum paste and get creative!
Ingredients3 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon LorAnn Tragacanth Gum
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
4 tablespoons warm water
- In a large bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and tragacanth gum, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add 4 tablespoons warm water. Sprinkle gelatin on top, making sure gelatin is fully saturated.
- Stir in corn syrup and heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir to make sure corn syrup and gelatin are melted and fully incorporated.
- Gradually add the sugar mixture to the corn syrup/gelatin mixture.
- Transfer incorporated mixture to stand mixer bowl. With dough hook attachment, mix on medium speed until dough looks uniform. It will be sticky at this point. Double wrap in plastic, place in airtight container and let rest overnight.
- After letting the dough rest, sift the remaining cup of sugar and knead into dough until the dough is no longer sticky.
- This is a great time to divide your dough and add some color. Just make sure that any dough you are not actively working with is double-wrapped in plastic to keep it from drying out.