- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- All Recipes>
- Salted Caramel Panna Cotta
Salted Caramel Panna Cotta
Product Code: R0461
Enjoy this simple panna cotta recipe taking on a rich, slightly sweet and salty, caramel flavor. The perfect comfort dessert to enjoy, especially in cozy, crisp fall weather! The ingredients come together rather quickly for this dessert, with hardly any cooking involved, besides heating the milk to a low simmer.
1 ½ cups whole milk
3 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon LorAnn Caramel Bakery Emulsion
1 teaspoon LorAnn Madagascar Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoon fine salt
caramel sauce, store bought or homemade
flaked salt, to garnish
- To a saucepan add the milk & sprinkle in the powdered gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture over low heat, add the sugar & whisk until the sugar has dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the cream, caramel emulsion, vanilla extract and salt. Run mixture through a fine mesh strainer and evenly divide amongst 6 ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, about 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with caramel sauce & flaked salt.