Cotton Candy Galaxy Donuts
Product Code: R0503
Light, fluffy and bursting with cotton candy sweetness, these donuts are so cosmic! The galaxy glaze is the real star of this recipe. Use LorAnn Liquid Gel Food Colors to create deep and vibrant galaxy shades.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super-Strength Cotton Candy Flavor
1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Organic Madagascar Double Strength Vanilla Extract
3 cups powdered sugar
4-5 tablespoons whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons LorAnn Super-Strength Cotton Candy Flavor
3-4 drops each LorAnn Liquid Gel Food Coloring in blue, purple, teal, and pink
sprinkles or luster dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the milk, egg, melted butter, cotton candy flavoring, and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared donut pan filling each one a little more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Unmold the donuts from the pan and move onto a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before glazing.
- In a large bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk, and cotton candy flavoring.
- Mix together until fully combined, adding more milk if needed. The glaze should be thin enough to flow in ribbons.
- Separate the icing into 5 small bowls making each one a different color. Make sure to leave one bowl white.
- In a shallow bowl, drizzle a spoonful of each color into the bowl. Working in smaller amounts allows you to be able to have enough icing to mix and match the colors. Do not stir or swirl the different colors together. Dipping each donut into the icing will be enough to start to create a galaxy effect. Let the excess glaze drip off the side and place on a wire rack to set.
- Once glazed, garnish the donuts with sprinkles or luster dust.
*Store donuts in an airtight container for 1-2 days.