Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Lemon Lavender Cookie Bars
Product Code: R0472
Lemony sugar cookie bars with subtle lavender notes makes this a perfect spring recipe. Topped with a citrus, lavender glaze. For an extra touch, top bars with dried lavender petals for an added glamour.
Nonstick cooking spray
Zest of 1 lemon (roughly 2 tablespoons)
¾ cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon LorAnn Grapeseed Oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Organic Lavender Essential Oil
1 teaspoon LorAnn Lemon Bakery Emulsion
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon fine salt
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
5 drops LorAnn Lemon Bakery Emulsion
3 drops LorAnn Lavender Essential Oil
Dried culinary lavender flowers, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray everything with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the a stand mixer or hand-held mixer and bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. With your hands, rub the lemon zest into the sugar until it is fragrant.
- Add the butter to the bowl and beat until the mixture is fluffy and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the egg, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, vanilla, organic lavender essential oil, and lemon emulsion and beat to combine.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches, mixing well after each addition. When you add the last batch of dry ingredients, beat until just combined – don’t overmix.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing it out as evenly as possible. The dough will be sticky. Recipe Tip: Rub hands in grapeseed oil and press dough evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
- Cool the bars in the pan completely before topping with the glaze.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bars and sprinkle the dried lavender over top for decoration (if using). Allow the glaze to set completely before slicing into bars.