- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- All Recipes>
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
Product Code: R0446
Appointed as the best homemade cinnamon rolls because of the secret ingredient in the dough and filling—Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion! Topped with a citrus, lemony glaze, friends and family will feel like royalty as they enjoy this breakfast favorite.
1 cup warm milk (110°F. -115°F.)
2 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cups unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons LorAnn Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion
4 teaspoons LorAnn Lecithin - Optional to help create smoother, more elastic dough
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon LorAnn Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion
1/3 cup heavy cream
For Lemon Glaze:
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon LorAnn Lemon Bakery Emulsion
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
For Dough and Filling:
- In a small bowl, add warm milk and yeast.
- Using a mixing bowl from a stand mixer, add in the lecithin and butter and cream until combined. Add the eggs, salt, sugar, yeast mixture, and Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion. Mix until combined.
- Whisk in 4 1/4 cups of flour until well combined with other ingredients. Using a dough hook, continue to knead until a dough forms. If the dough is still extremely sticky, you may need to add more flour. Keep in mind that although it should not stick to your fingers, the dough should still feel slightly tacky. Stop kneading after 5-6 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil and place the dough into it. Cover it using saran wrap or a damp towel. Place the bowl in a warm place and allow the dough to rise until it doubles, this may take up to 1 hour.
- While you are waiting, prepare the cinnamon filling. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soft butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and Princess Cake & Cookie Bakery Emulsion. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Sprinkle flour over a clean workspace and turn out your dough onto it. Flour a rolling pin as well and use it to roll the dough into a rectangle that is 1/4 inch thick. Using a butter knife or spatula, distribute and smooth the cinnamon filling over the dough as evenly as possible.
- Roll the dough on the shorter side into a tight, jelly-roll form. Using a bench-scraper, dental floss, or a sharp bread knife, cut the dough evenly into 12 rolls. You can use a ruler for this step. Place the cut rolls into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan or arrange in a lightly greased 9-inch round pie dish or cake pan.
- Cover the pan with a towel or cling wrap and allow the rolls to rise for 20-30 minutes or until they double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Warm the heavy cream. Make sure it is not hot nor cold, it should be lukewarm. When the rolls are done rising, pour it over the rolls, allowing them to soak it in.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden brown and the center of the rolls are thoroughly cooked. The timing may change depending on the size of rolls, pan used, etc. Allow for more time if they are not done baking at 22 minutes.
- Once out of oven, allow to cool.
- While the rolls are cooling, prepare the lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, heavy cream, and LorAnn Lemon Bakery Emulsion.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled rolls.