- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Holiday Recipes>
- Valentine's Day Recipes>
- Lychee Roasted Strawberry Loaf
Lychee Roasted Strawberry Loaf
Product Code: R0484
This recipe features a wonderful combination of lychee and strawberries! The extra step of roasting the strawberries really brings out the natural sweetness and flavor, which compliments the hints of floral flavor from the lychee flavoring.
2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon LorAnn Lychee Super-Strength Flavor
½ cup full-fat sour cream or plain full-fat yogurt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine salt
Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the strawberries in a single layer and drizzle with syrup. Roast until the strawberries have softened, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool while you prepare the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla, lychee and sour cream.
- Once combined sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until batter comes together, about 2 minutes. Fold in the strawberries & transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F until the top bounces back to touch, about 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve!