- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Cinnamon Mint Lollipops
Cinnamon Mint Lollipops
Product Code: R0465
What better gift to give this holiday season than a gift that can be eaten?! These minty, holiday lollipops with a burst of cinnamon are deliciously beautiful and ideal for stocking stuffers or enjoyed at your holiday parties.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup LorAnn Hi-Sweet Powdered Corn Syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Peppermint Super-Strength Oil, Natural
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Cinnamon Super-Strength Oil
2 drops LorAnn White Liquid Food Coloring
1 drop LorAnn Red Liquid Food Coloring
1/4 teaspoon Lecithin - Optional
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 2 to 4-quart saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place pan on medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Clip thermometer to side of pan and bring mixture to a boil WITHOUT stirring.
- When syrup temperature reaches between 250-260° F. add 2 drops of white food coloring. Do not stir. Boiling action will incorporate color.
- Remove from heat at 300°F. Add in Lecithin, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon oil and stir carefully. Avoid rising steam.
- Optional: Add one drop of red food coloring to one side of the mixture and barely stir to create a two-toned look.
- Carefully pour hot syrup into lightly greased small round flat lollipop molds. Let cool completely before removing from molds (about 15 minutes). Lollipops will be good for about a month in an airtight container.
*Please Note: When making hard candy, cinnamon oil in particular may not stay completely mixed into the candy syrup and can float to the top. To help the oil stay mixed, stir a small amount of lecithin into the boiled candy syrup. Since lecithin is an emulsifying agent, it helps keep oils evenly mixed and emulsified throughout the batch. We recommend adding 1/4 teaspoon of lecithin per cup of sugar. Using Lecithin in hard candy may darken the color of candy slightly.