Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Flavored Cotton Candy Sugar
Product Code: R0443
Create your own flavored sugars for cotton candy! With over 100 Super-Strength flavors, the possibilities are endless!
- Line baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Place sugar in a container with tight-fitting lid and add one teaspoon of Super-Strength flavoring and food coloring.
- Shake until completely combined.
- Allow to set overnight in a closed jar.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture onto the parchment. Using your fingers, press the mixture into a thin, even layer, about 1/16 inch thick. You may want to wear gloves for this step as the food coloring will stain your hands.
- Set aside uncovered in a cool dry place until is it completely dry, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Once completely dry, break up any lumps that may have formed.
- Working in 2-3 batches, transfer sugar into clean coffee or spice grinder and process into fine powder. Transfer the powder to a small bowl, scraping out any mixture that may have become stuck.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl.
- Pour the sugar powder and sift into bowl, pressing against the powder with the back of a spoon to force it through the mesh.
- Return any larger bits left in the strainer to the grinder and process into a fine powder. Sift again.
- Repeat sifting and grinding until all sugar has been processed into a fine powder.
- Use flavored sugar powder to create cotton candy or pixie stick candy.
Suggested Flavor Combinations
Sweet & Spicy
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
¾ teaspoon LorAnn Cheesecake Super-Strength Flavor + ½ teaspoon LorAnn Caramel Super-Strength Flavor + ¼ teaspoon LorAnn Green Apple Super-Strength Flavor
Grape Bubble Gum