- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- Baked Goods Recipes>
- Cookies, Brownies & Bars Recipes>
- Maple Donuts & Apple Cider Glaze
Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Maple Donuts & Apple Cider Glaze
Product Code: R0405
These donuts are soft and cakey, and pack maple flavor. Top them off with a silky apple cider glaze to pull this indulgent treat together.
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon LorAnn Maple Bakery Emulsion
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 cups apple cider
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs for three minutes, until the mixture has lightened in color and is light and fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream and maple flavoring.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Alternate adding the dry goods and milk in small batches, until both are fully incorporated.
- Place batter in a pipping bag. Pipe into a greased donut pan. Fill about halfway up the center of the mold.
- Bake for 10 minutes for large donuts and 6 minutes for mini donuts.
- While the donuts are baking, pour the apple cider into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. You will reduce the mixture to about ¼ cup of syrup.
- Set to the side and let cool while you finish baking the donuts.
- When ready, whisk the syrup with 1 cup of powdered sugar. If the mixture is too thick, slowly add in your milk a ½ tablespoon at a time.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze, flip them glaze size up on a drying rack.
- For extra flavor and texture, sprinkle on some chopped pecans.