Simple Chocolate Truffles
Product Code: R0103
You'll be surprised at how simple these sophisticated sweets are to prepare. Make as a decadent finale for any dinner, or an elegant handmade gift for any celebration. Truffles also make the perfect hostess gift.
Check out our NEW 2-Piece Dipping Tool Set to bring your truffles to life!
RECIPE TIP: Good quality chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet or milk) can be used, but the texture will be softer. If using chocolate chips, place the mixture in freezer until very firm before rolling into balls.
Ingredients14 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super-Strength Flavoring appropriate for use in chocolate like Peppermint, Orange, or Royal Raspberry.
½ cup ground pecans
½ cup cocoa powder
12 ounces confectionery coating, melted
- Line an 8-inch square pan with wax paper.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat cream over low heat until just boiling. Remove from heat. Add butter and chopped chocolate; stirring until completely smooth. Add flavoring and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 ½ to 2 hours (or overnight).
- Remove from refrigerator. Using a teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out small balls of the firm mixture and place on heavyweight dipping paper or wax paper. Once all of the mixture has been scooped, form each portion by hand into a round ball.
- Using a dipping tool, dip each truffle into melted confectionery coating, then place on wax paper. When coating has set, place truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Serve at room temperature.
By LorAnn Oils
You'll be surprised at how simple these sophisticated sweets are to prepare. They would make a decadent finale for any dinner, or an elegant hand-made gift for any celebration. Truffles also make the perfect hostess gift.
- 14 ounces good quality dark chocolate*, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super Strength Flavoring appropriate for use in chocolate (flavor of choice)*
- ½ cup ground pecans
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 12 ounces confectionery coating, melted
- *Some favorite truffle flavors: peppermint, sparkling wine, royal raspberry, coffee & orange brandy
Yield: 30-40 truffles