- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Birthday Cake Pop Tarts
Birthday Cake Pop Tarts
Product Code: R0500
A homemade version of the classic, sugary and flaky, pastry treat you enjoyed at breakfast before school or even begged your parents to let you have as as post dinner snack. Flavored with cake batter to make it taste like it's a birthday celebration any day. Warning: Your kids may never want the store-bought version ever again after trying these tasty treats!
For Pop Tarts (Hand Pies):
1/4 cup (60g) cream cheese
1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Organic Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Cake Batter Super-Strength Flavor
1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
3 store-bought refrigerated pie doughs
1 large egg + 1 teaspoon water, whisked together for egg wash
1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Cake Batter Super-Strength Flavor
rainbow sprinkles for decorating
- Add the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and cake batter flavoring to a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in rainbow sprinkles and transfer into a piping bag. Set aside for later.
- Remove pie doughs from fridge and allow to warm on counter for 15 minutes before unrolling.
- After 15 minutes, unroll the pie doughs. Stack them on top of each other and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the stacked dough out into a rectangle shape that is about ¼” thick. Using a pizza cutter, or knife, slice into 2.5x4” rectangles.
- Place one of the rectangles on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the perimeter with egg wash or water.
- Pipe about 1 tablespoon of filling into the center; then top with another rectangle of dough. Press the edges of the two doughs together to encapsulate the filling and crimp the edges with a fork. Use a tooth pick to poke 5-6 holes in the center for venting.
- Repeat until all of the hand pies are made. Place the baking sheet of hand pies into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- After an hour, remove the baking sheet from the freezer, brush with egg wash and bake for 18 minutes or until golden in color. Allow to fully cool before glazing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, and cake batter flavoring until smooth.
- Use a spoon to glaze the cooled hand pies and sprinkle each with rainbow sprinkles.
Note: Bake a maximum of 6 per baking sheet–divide onto two sheets or bake in batches while keeping remaining hand pies frozen between batches. These can be kept frozen if you did not want to make them all at once! Just store in an air tight freezer bag.