- Food[-] Colors
- Specialty[-] ingredients
- Tools and[-] accessories
essential oils[-] & aromatherapy
- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- All Recipes>
- Chocolate Peppermint Drip Cake
Chocolate Peppermint Drip Cake
Product Code: R0393
Michele Sweeney of Epicurean Delights is here to teach you how to create your own marvelous chocolate peppermint drip cake, perfect for St. Paddy's Day.
Print Recipe PDF for Chocolate Peppermint Drip Cake
Devils Food Quick Cake
1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
¼ cup instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
¼ cup melted butter or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease and line pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients then combine remaining ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into three greased and floured 8-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° degrees until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Peppermint Quick Cake & Vanilla Quick CakeIngredients
1 box white cake mix
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour (Michele uses King Arthur brand organic all purpose flour)
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 tsp sea salt
4 egg whites (or you can use pasteurized liquid egg whites)
1 1/3 cups buttermilk or regular milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp LorAnn Vanilla Bean Paste or LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
For Vanilla bean cake: add 1 additional tsp LorAnn Vanilla Bean Paste or LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract and color with LorAnn green food gel.
For Peppermint cake: add ½ tsp LorAnn Peppermint Bakery Emulsion or more if you want it stronger.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° degrees.
- Coat three 8-inch cake pans with butter and line bottom with 8- inch parchment rounds.
- Sift all dry ingredients into the bowl of your stand mixer. We are making one vanilla bean cake and two peppermint cakes for this recipe. Add all remaining ingredients and beat on medium low for 2 mins.
- Divide the batter evenly between three bowls. One bowl will be your vanilla bean cake batter the other two, peppermint cake batter.
- To the vanilla bean cake batter bowl, fold in one additional teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
- To the peppermint batter bowls, fold in one teaspoon of peppermint bakery emulsion and green food gel for desired green color (one cake light green, the other a little darker green). Bake until the layers spring back when touched lightly and cake pulls slightly away from the pan side walls or a tester comes out clean.
ButtercreamIn total, you will need 6-8 cups of your favorite buttercream. For the Vanilla Bean Buttercream add LorAnn Vanilla Bean Paste or LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract to taste. For Peppermint Buttercream add LorAnn Peppermint Bakery Emulsion to taste.
1 ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Coating Compound
1 ¼ cup 40% Whipping Cream
- Warm heavy whipping cream until very hot, but not simmering.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate coating compound, and let melt. Once the chocolate has completely melted, stir mixture until it is completely mixed and has a creamy texture.
- Allow to cool until it has a nice solid but soft consistency. In a stand mixer fitted with wire whisk, whip at high speed until it has doubled in volume, and is lighter and fluffy.
6 oz of LorAnn White Candy Coating
- Melt candy coating in heat safe dish.
- Warm water so that it is roughly the same temperature as your melted candy coating and combine. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a piping bag and you are ready to use it as ganache.
- Be sure your cake is well chilled before applying the drip.
Melt Dark Chocolate Compound Coating and spread evenly on acetate sheet. Once completely set, break into shards.
Feel free to swap out flavors and colors to make this cake your own custom creation.
Strawberry Emulsion + Pink Drip
Orange Emulsion + Orange Drip
Banana Emulsion + Yellow Drip
Coconut Emulsion + White Drip (omit color)