Product Code: R0331
This pie is light and fluffy and has the perfect balance of Crème de Menthe flavoring and chocolate.
24 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo®
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
10–12 drops LorAnn Oils Green Liquid Food Color
1 tsp LorAnn Oils vanilla extract
1/2 tsp LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Crème de Menthe Flavor
1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips
½ cup melted mini chocolate chips for drizzling
- To make crust, place chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and pulse
- until they form coarse crumbs, or place cookies in a zip-top bag and use a rolling
- pin to coarsely crush. Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom and evenly up sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Refrigerate crust at least 1 hour before filling.
- For the filling, beat heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl until it is stiff
- enough for the peak of the cream to hold its shape when the whisk is pulled out.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed until ?uffy,
- typically about 2 minutes. With speed on low, gradually beat in the powdered
- sugar, scraping bowl as necessary. Mix in LorAnn Green Liquid Food Color to
- desired hue. Mix in LorAnn vanilla extract and LorAnn Oils Crème de Menthe
- Flavor until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the reserved whipped cream into cream cheese
- mixture. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour and spread filling into prepared crust and smooth top. Drizzle with some of
- the melted chocolate, as desired.
- Refrigerate pie for 5–6 hours, or until firm, before serving.
Makes one 9-inch pie.
By LorAnn Oils
Cookie crust with a fluffy and light Crème de Menthe filling drizzled with chocolate.
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo®
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 10–12 drops LorAnn Oils Green Liquid Food Color
- 1 tsp LorAnn Oils vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Crème de Menthe Flavor
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup melted mini chocolate chips for drizzling
Yield: 1 9 inch pie