Vegan Lemon Cookies
Product Code: R0454
Simple, thin, vegan shortbread cookies with a tangy, lemony flavor using our pure, natural essential oil. There's so much to love about these citrusy cookies, including their light, soft center with chewy edges.
½ cup vegan butter
1 cup granulated cane sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
½ teaspoon LorAnn Natural Lemon Oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, lemon flavoring and lemon juice, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add flour and baking powder last. Mix again.
- Drop tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto a prepared cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart from each other.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until edges are beginning to get slightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet about 3 minutes before moving them to cooling rack.
- Once they are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
*Makes approximately a dozen cookies depending on size