- LorAnn Oils | Essential Oils, Candy Flavors, Baking Flavors & Extracts>
- Recipe Collection>
- New Recipes>
- Chocolate Ginger Banana Bread
Chocolate Ginger Banana Bread
Product Code: R0492
Banana bread is one of those treats that can easily serve as breakfast, snack or dessert so it’s perfect to have on hand at all times. Serve it warm with butter for the perfect treat.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (pulse in food processor if too sticky to chop)
½ cup (1 stick / 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons Ginger Super-Strength Flavor
1 ¼ cups mashed overripe banana (about 2-3 medium bananas)
½ cup full fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper so that the sides overhang on the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips and crystallized ginger and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the eggs and ginger flavoring. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until well incorporated. Add the mashed banana and sour cream mix until incorporated. Pour in the flour chocolate ginger mixture and stir on low until no dry flour appears. Scrape the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until the loaf is a deep shade of golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to an hour. If the loaf seems to be browning too quickly, tent the top with foil.
- Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Then use the parchment overhang to remove the banana bread onto a wire cooling rack. Allow the banana bread to cool completely before slicing.
*Makes 1, one-pound loaf with 12 servings.