Chocolate Coconut Tart
Product Code: R0322
This chocolate coconut tart recipe was developed by food and lifestyle blogger Marcella DiLonardo from the blog Hey Modest Marce. Marcella says, this "tart is so decadent, it will satisfy every chocolate lovers craving." Read the full recipe post here.
Print recipe PDF
IngredientsFor the crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lorann oils coconut bakery emulsion
For the filling:1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lorann oils coconut bakery emulsion
1 pinch sea salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold & cubed
200 grams high quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
coconut chips, for topping
For the crust:
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sugar and sea salt.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract & coconut emulsion. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into one large or two small tart pans. Shape into a firm crust & refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut emulsion & salt. Stir occasionally & bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove pan from heat & add the butter cubes + chopped chocolate. Stir vigorously until the mixture is silky & smooth.
- Pour into the pre-baked crust & place in fridge.
- Chill tart for two hours to set. Sprinkle with coconut chips before serving.